This is a Full Time position and will be based in our office in dowtown Austin.
Fun, Energized, Challenging and Flexible Join the MapMyFitness, Inc team today as a Junior Web Designer.
MapMyFitness is the leading provider of web and mobile applications that help you track and achieve fitness goals, define training plans, connect with friends, and motivate them.
We're hiring top-notch web designers who want to create a best of breed user experience and visual design for the web. Shape the direction of websites, including MapMyRUN.com and MapMyRIDE.com. Reach our growing audience of 2.4M+ users.
This position reports to the Design Manager and will interface heavily with Product Managers and development teams.
Background and Experience:
- Must have at least 1 year experience in web design.
- Strong user interface design skills, including typography, layout and color theory.
- Maintain and provide ongoing design of the web, promos and ad banners, seasonal content specials.
- Solid understanding of Web best practices and user centered design
- Must have a strong portfolio containing examples of professional design work with an emphasis on Web.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail under tight deadlines
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously and completing projects within tight time constraints
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Work closely with internal groups such as Product Develop, UX, Design, and Development team to drive intelligent business decisions, assisting in interface development, navigation, page flow, graphical layout, and controlling the user experience.
- Designing UI's features for website
- Translating wireframes created by product managers into visual designs
- Design to improve the web user experience and to meet user needs that result from usability test findings
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- HTML/CSS Skills
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- OmniGraffle (Wire-framing, and workflow charts)
- Microsoft Office
- Interface Builder "XCode"
Don't let this great opportunity to work with a dynamic and energetic group of individuals pass you by, please apply now
To be considered for this position, please be sure to include a cover letter, resume, and your design portfolio.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No contractors, remote or recruiter inquiries please.