Hello fellow IxDA Austinites. I wish to fill the gaps where recruiters may miss in relevancy by posting that we have several job openings in the Enterprise Design Group at Dell. Although there is just one description below, we are actually seeking professionals fitting one of several different roles or combinations thereof - e.g., interaction designers, visual designers, usability engineers, and user/field researchers.
If you are interested in applying, please send an email with your resume attached and location of a portfolio, if available, to Human_Factors_Jobs@dell.com .
Job description: Usability Sr. Engineer
General Summary: The responsibilities for this position include identifying and developing innovative human factors solutions for Enterprise-grade Software products. Primary tasks involve providing usability and UI design support for software user-interfaces, and includes close collaboration with Engineering and Marketing teams. The individual works closely with a multidisciplinary teams to develop solutions for improved usability through user-centered design and iterative usability testing. Daily work includes evolving UI standards and guidelines, developing prototypes, translating field or lab data into usable design solutions, conducting usability tests, analyzing user behavior and requirements, and leveraging results to spark focused design efforts. Management of multiple programs is required, and the candidate must possess the ability to work with various disciplines within development teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: This position is responsible for product usability during all phases of development across the Enterprise/Commercial software product portfolio. The individual works closely with design teams to develop solutions for improved usability and user satisfaction through user-centered design and testing by evolving UI standards and guidelines, developing prototypes, translating field or lab customer data into usable design solutions, conducting usability tests, analyzing user behavior and requirements, and leveraging results to spark focused design efforts. The individual will also ensure the final design meets the marketing requirements, quality and cost goals, product specifications, and achieves world-class standards of product usability. This role involves a combination of providing concrete design deliverables, UX strategy, as well as orchestrating deliverables provided through external agencies.
- Experience applying Usability/HF methods and principles to the Enterprise or commercial grade software tools/applications
· Education: Graduate level degree in HCI, Human Factors, Behavioral Science, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, or a related discipline
· Experience working closely with multidisciplinary teams, including external agencies. Will work closely with Usability, Marketing, and SW implementation disciplines
· Proven track record of crafting innovative & usable user-centered designs
· Experience developing UI specifications & guidelines
· Experience in experimental design (surveys, field studies, statistical analysis, & usability testing)
· Ability to operate under tight date-driven schedules & manage multiple programs
· Excellent written, verbal, and executive-level presentation skills· Excellent teamwork & leadership skills