frog design is a global innovation firm.
We work with the world’s leading companies, helping them create and bring to market meaningful products, services, and experiences. Our multidisciplinary process reveals valuable consumer and market insights and inspires lasting, humanizing solutions. With a team of more than 400 designers, technologists, strategists, and analysts, we deliver fully convergent experiences that span multiple technologies, platforms, and media. We work across a broad spectrum of industries, including consumer electronics, telecommunications, healthcare, media, education, finance, retail, and fashion. Our clients include Disney, GE, HP, Logitech, Microsoft, MTV, Seagate, Yahoo! and others. Founded in 1969, frog is headquartered in San Francisco, with studios in Austin, New York, San Jose, Seattle, Milan, Amsterdam, Stuttgart, and Shanghai.
A person in the Visual Designer II position creates compelling, original designs for interactive platforms ranging from websites to software applications to consumer electronics. A Visual Designer II is able to translate client business requirements, user needs, and technical capabilities into designs that are visually exciting, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
This is a 10-12 week temporary assignment in our Austin studio beginning on 11/30. Candidates must be able to work on-site, 40-hours/week with the project teams.
Responsibilities for this assignment include:
* Create visual designs that effectively communicate product function and brand identity, including the design and production of screen layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, and icons.
* Produce design specifications, storyboards, scenarios, and design prototypes.
* Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale, both verbally and visually.
* Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes creative leads, other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers.
* At least three years of user interface design experience.
* Strong and flexible skills in visual design and interaction design.
* Knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web-based applications and consumer electronics.
* Proficiency with design and prototyping tools; particularly exceptional skills in PhotoShop and InDesign.
* Experience designing motion graphics with tools such as Flash or Adobe After Effects is a plus.
* Bachelor's degree in graphics design, interaction design, fine arts, or a related design discipline.
* A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level.
* Meticulous with detail and have a good eye for pixel level detail.
Please submit your resume online to: http://www.frogdesign.com/about/careers
Please include an url with your online portfolio.
frog design is an equal opportunity employer.