frog design is in desperate need of temp Interaction and Visual Designers for a 10 week project starting ASAP. Please reach out if you or someone you know could be a good fit.
About frog design
frog design is a global innovation firm. We work with the world's leading companies, helping them create and bring to market meaningful products, services, and experiences. Our multidisciplinary process reveals valuable consumer and market insights and inspires lasting, humanizing solutions. With a team of more than 400 designers, technologists, strategists, and analysts, we deliver fully convergent experiences that span multiple technologies, platforms, and media. We work across a broad spectrum of industries, including consumer electronics, telecommunications, healthcare, media, education, finance, retail, and fashion. Our clients include Disney, GE, HP, Logitech, Microsoft, MTV, Seagate, Yahoo! and others. Founded in 1969, frog is headquartered in San Francisco, with studios in Austin, New York, San Jose, Seattle, Milan, Amsterdam, Munich, and Shanghai.
Visual Designers are responsible for developing design solutions for digital media. This role requires strong and flexible skills in visual design, interactive design and awareness of client-side technologies. Substantial understanding of user interface issues and information architecture is also important.
Participation in project ideation; graphics development; ability to take art direction and constructive criticism; ability to manage and estimate personal time outlays for each project; working with producers and technologists to implement designs into technology frameworks.
Visual Designers will work with the creative lead to integrate technology and clients' business requirements into design strategies, balancing UI, marketing, and aesthetic interests.
* Requires strong and flexible skills in visual design, interactive design, and awareness of client-side technologies.
* Substantial understanding of user interface issues and information architecture is also important.
* 2-4 years of professional design/new media experience.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Solid understanding of practical benefits and limitations of Internet technologies (Shockwave, Flash, Java, DHTML, CGI, etc.).
* Please include your online portfolio URL link.
Interested candidates should present a body of work that:
* Demonstrates a passion for interactive content development
* Exhibits stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability
* Shows experience with diverse content
* Proves their facility with page-based design (HTML) and screen-based interface design (Flash, etc.)
* Special consideration will be given to candidates who have created projects that are software or application design related.
Interaction Designer conducts product research, strategy, information architecture development, and interaction design to create products that bring a smile to the lips and a flutter to the heart; regardless of whether it’s a corporate Website, software application, or consumer electronics device. Design Analysts are able to discover, understand, and communicate the business requirements of our clients, the emotional desires of their customers, and the context in which these two come together.
• Conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing.
• Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
• Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications.
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
• Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
• Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers.
• 1-3 years of user interface design experience.
• Bachelors degree in Human-Computer Interaction or a related design or behavioral science discipline.
• In depth knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web-based applications and consumer electronics.
• Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as PhotoShop, Illustrator, Visio, and Dreamweaver.
• Excellent communication and organization skills. Must be able to work both on a team and independently.
• A passion for creating products that resonate emotionally with people.
Please contact me directly if you our someone you know could be a good fit: firstname.lastname@example.org