Sr User Interface Designer (Full Time) - CA Technologies - Austin, TX
Interested candidates, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA) formerly known as Computer Associates, is one of the world's leading IT management software and solution companies with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and physical to virtual and cloud. Our software manages and secures IT environments, enabling our customers to deliver more flexible IT services and our solutions help our customers gain a level of deep insight into and gain control over complex and mixed information technology (IT) environments. CA Technologies works with the majority of the Forbes Global 2000, as well as government organizations and thousands of companies in diverse industries worldwide. Founded in 1976, CA Technologies serves customers in virtually every country in the world and reported fiscal year 2009 revenue of $4.3 billion.
We are currently looking for a qualified Sr User Interface Designer to join our team at our office in Austin, TX.
This position is responsible for providing support for the creation of user interface designs for CA Service Assurance products.
• Produce UI designs in the form of sketches, story boards, wire frames, and interactive prototypes
• Produce detailed user interface specifications
• Ensure all product designs meet usability objectives and user requirements
• Plan and perform usability research; this includes project planning, recruitment, logistics, conducting evaluations, analyzing results, documenting issues, and proposing and prioritizing recommendations
• Typically 5 or more years of experience in UI design
• Knowledge of UI interaction design principles & practices
• Knowledge of HCI principles & practices
• Understanding of UCD analytical methods and how/when they effect the design process
• Knowledge in and ability to perform usability tests, cognitive walkthroughs, heuristics evaluations, surveys, interviews, competitive analysis, card sorts, task and needs analysis, user profiling, and other usability methodologies
• Possess excellent written and oral communication, presentation, project management, and negotiation skills
• Ability to build cooperative relationships with product teams
• Master's Degree or global equivalent in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Industrial Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or related HCI discipline is preferred
• Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position
There's never been a better time to join CA. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision in a growing global market. At a time when customers are demanding more and more from their technology, we're changing the way the world manages IT, to help customers better perform, compete and grow. That's why the majority of leading companies across industries worldwide use our software. It's also why you'll find a wealth of opportunities for important and rewarding work. Come to CA and build the career you want.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program, and Veterinary Care Insurance.