As a UX Lead of Conversion Rate Optimization at BigCommerce, you will be an essential part of delivering experiences that make our product the best SaaS ecommerce platform in the world for tens-of-thousands of merchants. This role will be a key driver for product and revenue success by improving the usability of our web and product experience in collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales. As a hybrid UX researcher + designer, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities and providing solutions in our ‘prospect-to-open for business’ flow that will drive customer acquisition. This involves UX research and analysis methodologies to identify and analyze conversion issues, rapid design iterations to determine solutions and apply best-practices, and additional testing to validate the success of your solution. The position uses UX research + design to translate user needs and business objectives into world-class actionable, desirable experiences.
What You'll Do:
- Identify UX opportunities in our ‘prospect-to-open for business’ flow using both stakeholder and user-based research methodologies that will improve monthly recurring revenue and accelerate pace of new customer acquisition.
- Rapidly and iteratively translate user and business needs into best-of-class experience by providing optimized designs. This could include anything from information architecture, flow + journey, content + copy, layout, interaction design, and new feature development.
- Partner directly with product management and engineering to validate requirements and produce implementation-ready, optimized, tested designs.
- Lead design across the entire product lifecycle and multiple launches. You set the vision and are able to effectively incrementalize towards that vision.
- Determine appropriate application of patterns and best-practices, as well as when to evolve them or leave them behind entirely.
- Lead both qualitative and quantitative UX research to understand user needs, market + product opportunities, and the success of our design solutions.
- Take full ownership of your work and be responsible for every last detail, every step of the way. As a senior level contributor, you know when to leverage your leadership + stakeholders and how to facilitate conversations about design.
- Propagate your findings and expertise throughout the entire product. While you may be focused on a specific functional area, you will actively collaborate with the broader design team to ensure the product maintains a level of consistency and familiarity for our users.
- Seasoned. You have a deep well of UX-research and conversion-rate optimization expertise to draw from that allows you to rapidly propose solutions and options.
- User centric. You are able to quickly tap into the mentality of your users both to gather insights and to assess the appropriateness of solutions.
- Balanced. You are honest about where your experience is proven versus where it needs to be supported by data and research.
- Solution-oriented. You are able to turn findings into insights + hypotheses and quickly determine a way to validate the hypothesis.
- Team-oriented. You understand that solving problems for our users is a team sport. You don’t go dark on your teammates, you bring them along every step of the way.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to your audience. You can look at your design solution and determine what is integral to the experience versus a ‘bell and whistle’.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed and can easily identify what tools are best for each job.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- 7+ years experience designing for interaction-rich digital properties, preferably for a product or software company.
- 5+ years experience in conducting moderated and unmoderated user-based research using a variety of methodologies.
- Demonstrated fluency in user interface, user experience, and interaction design.
- Experience in conversion and/or funnel optimization.
- Experience working in cross-functional rapid and/or agile environments.
- Superior facilitation skills and experience managing multiple stakeholders and perspectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of responsive design, mobile design, and internationalization is a plus.
Interested? Apply here or share this role with your network. Thanks!
BigCommerce was founded with the goal of democratizing ecommerce technology to the masses and is now a leading SaaS provider for merchants running an online business. We’ve processed more than $9 billion in sales through our platform. Each month, thousands of merchants set up shop on BigCommerce, and more than 1,000 partners offer their software and services on the BigCommerce Marketplace.
Everyday you’ll get to work with individuals who helped build companies like Twitter, Google, Twitpic, Visa and Eventbrite. You’ll solve challenging problems and build solutions that will help more than 60,000 clients run their business. And you’ll do it all at a hyper-growth company with a great culture, outstanding benefits and $155 million in funding from visionary investors like Revolution Partners, Softbank, Amex and Telestra.