National Instruments is seeking an Interaction Design to help define a human-centered application software experience. The ideal candidate has a passion for detail, innovation and usability. S/he should feel comfortable working in a team-oriented environment. Interaction Designers collaborate frequently with UX leads, other designers, usability specialists, product managers, and engineers to implement designs in an agile/scrum software development environment. This is a full-time position based in our Austin, TX (78759) office.
- Collaborate with software developers, project managers, and other designers to define the user experience for new and existing products
- Collaborate with other designers for consistency both within and across product teams
- Create use cases, workflow diagrams, wireframes, storyboards and design prototypes
- Document design decisions for individual features as well as product-level design guidelines
- Drive designs from concept to completion, iterating when necessary based on usability feedback and technical implementation limitations
- Share UX best practices with a large software engineering team
Note: National Instruments does NOT petition for H-1B (H1-B transfer) and TN status for this position.
- BS or MS Degree in interaction design (HCI, design, or a related field) or equivalent experience
- 2+ years as Interaction Designer, Experience Designer, or Information Architect (or an MS degree)
- A passion for user experience principles
- Comfortable with iteration
- Strong design skills, especially concerning workflow, information hierarchy, and data visualization
- Proficient in design and prototyping tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Sketchflow, Axure etc.
- Ability to effectively manage time across multiple projects and multiple teams
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
Note: This position is not a visual design position or a software development position.
- Experience designing desktop applications that incorporate document navigation and zooming, level-of-detail, and Microsoft Fluent Ribbon
- Experience designing complex applications for touch (mobile, tablet and/or large display)
- Familiarity with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Windows 8 interface guidelines
- Familiarity with educational, scientific, technical, or engineering products
- Programming experience (any language)
Submit your resume and portfolio online at ni.com/careers - job ID 2030.