As a Product Designer at BigCommerce, you will be an essential part of building the best ecommerce platform in the world for tens-of-thousands of merchants selling through our platform. You will work in direct partnership with Product Management and Engineering to deliver product experiences that are consistent with our creative vision and are ruthlessly focused on merchant success. You will be trusted to deliver features and experiences across the full product-development lifecycle, ensuring that there is a vision for the work and that any incremental releases are useful, usable, and desirable. In addition to creating highly-desirable experiences, our Product Design team also drives patternization of UI and interactions across the product to ensure consistency and familiarity.
The world of ecommerce is growing rapidly and our product will continue to grow with it. If you are energized by building a product that is fundamental to your user’s life and by being part of a team-oriented “get sh*t done” culture, then we should talk!
Responsibilities & Opportunities:
- Partner directly with product management and engineering to define and deliver the right solution for our clients.
- Create implementation-ready design files and prototypes to support the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Ensure that your designs are appropriately validated through market research, user-based testing, beta periods, and/or tiered product releases.
- Determine appropriate use of patterns as well as when to evolve them or leave them behind entirely.
- Work in collaboration with the entire Product Design team to establish new patterns and optimize existing behaviors.
- Contribute to the development of your team’s product roadmap and corresponding project plans to deliver that roadmap.
- Team oriented. You understand that great product experiences come from great teams. You are happy to ideate with other domains and facilitate agreement with other designers.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Responsible. You estimate work, commit and deliver. You are vocal when risks arises.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone. You're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to your audience. You can look at your design solution and determine what is integral to the experience what are ‘bells and whistles’.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years experience designing for interaction-rich digital properties, preferably in the product or software domain.
- A portfolio that demonstrates understanding of Product UX via User Interface, Interaction Design, and Information Architecture.
- Experience delivering quality design solutions in agile and cross-functional teams.
- Basic familiarity with HTML, CSS, AJAX and jQuery capabilities. You aren’t expected to code, but a basic understanding of front-end technologies enables solid conversations with engineering partners.
- Understanding of responsive design, mobile design, and internationalization is a plus.
Interested? Please apply here.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible ecommerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store. BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive ecommerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from it's offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney. For more information, visit bigcommerce.com.
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events